Head of People Operations
Rendered Text, the company behind SemaphoreCI.com, is looking for an experienced HR professional to join the team as Head of People Operations.
It's an exciting time to join the company as we're in a transition from office-based to a fully remote work environment. At the moment a third of us are working remotely from 7 countries. By the end of the year we expect more than half of our team to be globally distributed. As our first Head of People Ops, you'll be taking over the functions which have been performed by cofounders and recruiting manager.
We're a bootstrapped company making Semaphore, a code delivery solution used by thousands of tech companies across the globe. Our mission is to help developers move fast in their work. We do that by delivering a product that's fast and easy to use, backed by a highly rated customer service.
Our culture is built on optimizing for happiness, of our customers and ourselves. We operate on continuous improvement on a personal and collective level. When doing things, we prefer to get real and make something valuable sooner, rather than never. We treat each other and our customers with openness, respect and empathy.
We started the company in 2009, and we're in the business for the long term. We prefer to work in an environment supported by self-made growth over VC-backed blitz-scaling.
You’ll be responsible for people development programs, employee experience, and people operations.
Your work will ensure that Rendered Text is always an environment in which smart, ambitious people can do their best work and grow professionally.
To be successful you'll need to get fully integrated with our team and culture. You'll begin by understanding our current team structure and the business as a whole.
This position requires excellent leadership skills and proven ability to motivate team members, increase productivity, and grow overall happiness. It's a hands-on role. Over time, we expect you to lead a team.
Because of time overlap with the team, we'll consider candidates based in Europe only.
What you'll do
- Actively contribute to our culture of learning and continuous development
- Identify individual learning needs for both team members and managers and provide solutions
- Build a performance management, talent development, and growth processes/programs
- Help maintain healthy work atmosphere and find ways to ensure a great employee experience every day
- Establish and manage processes to promote internal employee communication and facilitate information flow
- Act as an ambassador of Rendered Text to new hires and existing team members in all forms of communication
- Manage engagement surveys
- Perform ongoing coaching and counsel to managers related to employee concerns, company programs, development, etc.
- Contribute and help maintain our company playbook which codifies our values and processes
- Produce regular reports on all ongoing activities
- Manage employee data within HR-related systems
- Partner with executives and functional leaders to manage workforce, succession and compensation planning
- Interview all short-listed job candidates
- Lead employee on-boarding and off-boarding logistics
- Manage legal logistics of HR-related matters globally (with aid of outside counsel, as needed)
- 5+ years of HR experience
- Proven track record in an HR leadership role, preferably in a growth-stage company
- Tech industry experience is a huge plus
- Bachelors degree
- High EQ and effective communicator
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-managed and well organized
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with hands-on work
- Experience in working remotely
- Excellent writing skills
- The impact of working on a product that's competing on a global market.
- Join a small team of around 20 full-time people who love what they do.
- A healthy 40-hour work week, friendly and supportive work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Company retreats.
- Space to learn continuously and choose the tools and equipment for your job.
- Paid trips to conferences and books of your choice.
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice.
Semaphore is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!