Do you want to help us build the best continuous delivery service in the world? SemaphoreCI.com is looking for DevOps engineers to join our Platform team to do just that.
As a DevOps Engineer you'll be responsible for building and supporting a Linux-based environment that runs CI/CD jobs on Semaphore. This is a great opportunity to join a highly-skilled team on a very visible role and have a big impact on our user base.
This is a remote position and you should thrive in asynchronous communication. We expect you to have strong written communication skills and be able to develop working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
As a DevOps Engineer you will also play an important role in helping customers utilize the Semaphore Linux and Docker platforms through assistance in technical support requests. You'll always be challenged to solve interesting and novel problems that have real impact on how the world delivers software.
- Plan, build, test and deliver monthly Semaphore Linux and Docker platform updates, such as this one.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure through reusable code and tooling.
- Use metrics and monitoring systems to ensure and improve performance and stability.
- Communicate with other teams (technical and non-technical), management and Semaphore users through our support channel when necessary.
- Maintain and improve public documentation that helps Semaphore users use the platform.
- A deep understanding of the Linux operating system, at both a high- and low-level.
- Ability to debug and solve configuration, performance and reliability problems quickly; sometimes under pressure if there are issues that are directly affecting product users.
- Knowledge of standard methodologies: configuration management, monitoring, alerting, metrics.
- Ability to work in high-level languages such as Ruby and Bash.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively remotely with a team.
- Being self-managed and capable of making effective decisions in a fast-changing environment.
Who We Are
Semaphore is a leader in hosted continuous integration and deployment, with over 30,000 developers relying on Semaphore to test and deploy their code. Our mission is to help teams ship their software faster and with more confidence by providing a fast, robust and scalable platform for software delivery.
We work in small, highly effective teams, and every person is vital to the success of the company.
Our team is made of smart, creative people who love their craft. We believe that a great place to work is where we're surrounded by self-managed people who consistently do good work and positively inspire us.
We work in a fast-changing environment of a new market, and there are many ways you can make a great impact. You will not be just improving the product or customer experience, but have a voice in shaping the company culture too.
At the moment we require people to work from location at least 4 hrs overlap with 9 - 5 pm CET.
Sounds good? Come work with us.
- The impact of working on a product that's competing on a global market.
- Join a small team of around 20 full-time people who love what they do.
- A healthy 40-hour work week, friendly and supportive work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Company retreats.
- Space to learn continuously and choose the tools and equipment for your job
- Paid trips to conferences and books of your choice.
- Interact with developers that use Semaphore and talk about latest and greatest way to develop and ship software.
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice
Semaphore is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.